Cooking is time consuming, we know! That’s why we’re always looking for possibilities to be more efficient while finding new, creative ways to make keto recipes. Here are a few tools we use multiple times a week and believe are truly worth investing in. Take a look at some keto recipes
A food scale is a must if you’re counting calories and macros. Many of our ingredients are listed by weight to provide accurate nutritional data.
We consider a food processor critical to our kitchen arsenal. Our favorite one for the past two years has been the NutriBullet. The blending containers double as to-go containers with different lids so you can use them just about anywhere. They’re also super easy to clean/dishwash.
Electric Hand Mixer
Beating an egg white by hand to get stiff peaks is just silly these days! Save your muscles and invest in a basic electric hand mixer. They speed things up exponentially and make beating and mixing a breeze.
A spiralizer makes vegetables in noodles quickly. This is great for low carb “pasta” dishes, soups and more keto recipes. You can get a hand-held spiralizer or the fullsize spiralizer with multiple options like thin and thick noodles and ribbons.
Mini Crustless Quiches: Calories: 382, 28F, 22P, 5.3C
• 14 large eggs
• 3 plum tomatoes, diced
• ⅔ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
• ⅓ cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
• ⅓ cup sweet onion, diced
• ⅓ cup sliced pickled jalapenos
• ⅔ cup soppressata salami, diced
• ⅓ cup heavy cream
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F and grease a 15” x 11” muffin tin.
2. Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl, season with salt and pepper and whisk well.
3. Split the quiche batter into the muffin tin equally and bake for about 25 minutes.
4. Store in the fridge and reheat when ready to eat.
5. Nutrition is based on 4 Mini Crustless Quiches. Recipe makes about 12.
Ham & Cheddar Wraps: Calories: 600, 44F, 27P, 8C
• 1 low carb wrap
• 2 tbsp mayonnaise
• 2 oz. cheddar, shredded
• 2 oz. deli ham
• Pickles or jalapenos to taste
• Salt, pepper
1. Onto a low carb wrap, spread the mayonnaise.
2. Add the shredded cheddar cheese and ham slices.
3. If you want, add some pickles or jalapenos for something fresh and juicy.
4. Wrap it up tight and cut it to fit your lunch bag or enjoy right away!
Chicken & Mushrooms: Calories: 640, 51F, 46P, 5C
• 6 oz. chicken breast
• 8 oz. white mushrooms
• 2 tbsp butter
• ¼ cup water
• ¼ cup heavy cream
• 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
• Salt, pepper
• 1 handful of spinach
1. Cook the chicken on a pan until it’s almost cooked all the way. Then let it rest on a plate while you prepare the sauce.
2. On that same pan, cook the mushrooms in butter until they’ve shrunken and crisped up.
3. Add the water, lemon juice and heavy cream and let that cook until the sauce has thickened.
4. Season with salt and pepper and add the chicken back in to cook the rest of the way. Serve with a side of spinach. Take a look at some keto recipes